Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updates

Last night was bad - small fry woke up late night because we tried to give her medication for her fever. She didn't end up sleeping until about 1230am or 1am, I got fed up already by then and handed her over to her mom. Watching an hour of Teletubbies in the middle of the night is not my idea of fun.

Turns out I was too wound up to sleep and ended up continuing my Civilisation IV game until 330am before deciding that staying up all night and going to work was probably not the best thing to do.

For those geeks interested - I usually play Persian and I'm not that good. Last night I was at the receiving end of a 4 way gangbang compliments of the snake Russians who got me into war. Why I play Persian I don't know probably because of all this news about the Iranian elections.

Read Reza Aslan's book No God But God, they give a good account of how Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini took power there in 1979 - through deception and outright lies. I'm not surprised the clerics are cheating to keep power - but this is what we really need, more political power in the hands of reformist and moderate muslims. You can't count 40 million votes in 12 hours it's just too obvious a cheat. Besides Ahmadinejad was also called out for cheating the first time he won - he's obviously the Supreme Leader's favourite.

European nations should take heed and understand that "secularism" is just another way of discriminating against other cultures. It is oppressive. On the other hand Muslims need to get out of the shadow of the Mullahs rule and the only way is to give reformist and moderate muslims a voice in the government.

Anyway, today my nose is bad, I feel the possible onset of a cold coming.

No comments: