Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Farewell these lands and northern sky

Farewell these lands and northern sky,
and soft green grass that I once lie-
to cold sharp winds and the icy curse,
farewell to sounds of joyful mirth.
For here awhile my heart did run,
beneath the moon, beneath the sun.
Away from guards, on my own path
to form the shadows that I now cast.

Farewell these eyes of angel's light,
that kept me warm on lonely nights,
which time and time had put a smile
even it was for just a while.
For time had gifted me with friends,
whose gentle ways are heaven sent-
unknown to many about the Earth,
like the warming heat of a lighted hearth.

Rizal Repin
Copyright ©2006 Rizal Repin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. :O that's good stuff

Freebooterz said...

tq tq

Ashkarya said...

waaaah!! should i put up the old stuff you sent me? ;)

Freebooterz said...

most of my poems are too soppy to be online, so i'd rather screen them first.