Thursday, November 24, 2005

BMW Sauber F1

Yes I am an F1 fan. Today as I walked in the office (late as usual) and passed by the front of KLCC what do I see in front of the building? Are those BMW cars? Usually there are two protons outside KLCC - two protons with the recognisable green labels of the Sauber Petronas F1 cars. Today there are two BMWs. That only means the deal has been done and BMW's purchase of Sauber is done and complete.

Upon reaching the office I did some digging around. Found out the official name for the venture is now BMW Sauber F1 - headquarters still in Hinwil, Switzerland. And our company involvement is more on the lubricant. So we can expect a big Synthium logo on the car. Dunno if the oil drop logo will remain yet. Official announcements will probably come in December.

But regardless, it was weird looking out the front of the building and seeing two beemers. Though I can't say I miss the protons. Hahaha.

No comments: