Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Baby Names!

Here's a quick one. Wife and I were pondering baby names, while it may seem like a great idea that we wait until we know if its a boy or a girl before thinking (yes we're that lazy), a friend suggested we prepare for both!

Makes sense because you never really know until the baby is born, seriously, seems like there's a still a good chance that the earlier scans (no matter how many times it was taken) could be wrong. Maybe the eyes missed something. Anyway, I was told of her sister who apparently was told over and over again that it was a girl. A last minute scans, we're talking about the day before delivery kind of last minute, confirmed it was still a girl. Then voila, out came the birdie! Whoops! Luckily they were prepared for both.

We've seem to be able to come up with more girls names than boys. The score is at least 3 to 1. But because of disagreements its closer to 2-0. Yup so sad, can't think of a name for a boy. Not to say that we've cleared the names with the Parental Units either. Parental Unit M is nearly insistent on a "religious" name. We're pretty much thinking global. To me, its got to have a good meaning and doesn't spell or sound like anything horrible in any major foreign tongue. Don't know what the in-laws think, although I doubt they will be as picky as Unit M. Unit F doesn't really have much to say about it, as usual.

As an afterthought, yes I've quit my last job and will be taking on a new one in Singapore. Yay! Of course current company being what it is, I've got to slog through another 3 months because they are insisting on a 3 month notice. Weird thing is they still haven't taken me off any major decision making roles... I'm still doing what I was doing and have just been made in charge of another product. Maybe the whole thing hasn't really struck home for the bosses. We'll see what happens next week.

Felt: Free
Seen: Heroes
Heard: Barry White, Let's Get it On

No comments: