Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Blog, New Baby

I wanted to start a new blog, got bored with this one. Seems it's not heading the way its supposed to head. My fault really, it is my blog, but its not ending up having the kind of content I originally wanted it to have. Maybe my writing is just crap. Or what I'm writing about is just crap.

Anyway, fiddled with blogger but can't really get it to change much without suffering through too much work. The templates are useful, but all these additional widgets are so damn confusing to install and never seem to work right. A redesign won't be too bad either.

If you've been following the wife's blog then the news has been out for a while. We're expecting a baby. Well I say WE, but really she's doing all the work. I just have to worry for both of us. When I tell people about the baby, the typical response would be,

"First one?"

Nod

Look for utter surprise and joy, "Wow, that's so great! Congratulations!"

Nod Nod Smile

"So when is she due?"

....

"Oh you must be so excited!"

"Yes?"

Its been a blur actually. Or rather I've been blur. I usually think what's the appropriate response to some of these comments and I haven't come with anything that I think describes the actual feeling. "Nice, great, excited" doesn't really cut it. Although the phrase "heavy with anticipation" comes rather close. Or rather the simpler "overwhelmed".

So yes, WE will be a having a baby.

2 comments:

Dean Arif said...

Cough cough cough... Finally, you dusted this blog...

marineko said...

i can do the blog layout or figure out the widget crap for you if you want XD