Monday, April 02, 2007

Ode To A Muffin

I have no idea what possessed me to write this...

Ode to a Muffin

I can't finish my muffin,
Oh what am I to do?
My stomach seems fully sated,
My mouth wish not to chew.

But oh wonderful muffin,
So rich with wild blueberries.
You seem so delicious now,
Truly the food of faeries.

There's only a small morsel,
left upon the cup.
Why, oh why please tell me,
Why can't I gobble you straight up?

You sit there and tease me,
And laugh as I choke my throat.
Oh muffin of wild blueberries,
Shall I stock you in my coat?

So then I can eat you later,
When my mouth feels like a bite,
But oh delicious muffin,
you're far too small and light.

Oh fair delicious muffin,
No more than a little lump,
My questions are without answers,
So have fun in the dumps.

Copyright ©2007 Rizal Repin

No comments: