Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Busy day

Wow.. its been a very busy day for me. I don't know how they manage to justify just one manager running this whole damn outfit. Sometimes it just doesn't make much sense. There really is too many things to do - if I had to do everything on my own I think I'll be having meetings all day long. With finance, risk management and operations/logistics. So nowadays really learning to rely on the team - actually they are on their own now most of the time. I just pick out the meetings I need to join to speed things up.

Had two meetings just this afternoon - practically took over my lunch hour. Then the internal meetings. It seems that all my work is centered around deciding things, disturbing people, making sure things get done and going to meetings. Sucks.

Spoke to the new CEO for the first time today. Not bad the fler, can joke around some more when my ship is going to hit demurrage in 12 hours! Ok lah, at least not like the last one - screw you upside down, ask you to quit (usually because you're "not worth it") THEN try to resolve the issues. But on the plus side, these angry CEOs are usually predictable, which makes life easier. I'm still not sure where the new guy is coming from, can't read the fler yet. Well, meeting the bugger tomorrow, so we see lah.

Anyway, now I'm hungry. But cannot eat, stomach still don't feel too good. Could be the cough medications.

Felt: Queezy
Seen: ESPN Live
Heard: Fly FM

2 comments:

Ashkarya said...

maybe it was the earthquake last night. give me baskin robbins any day.

talk about not being able to focus! i had to switch mindsets from meeting principal in the morning, customer in the afternoon and interview candidate late afternoon. i had another discussion to hash out proposal for one of my retail channels.

i'm so bad at the mind-switching. and that's just between tasks, am not even talking about switching between brands or product ranges. am soooooo blurrr now. urgh.

Freebooterz said...

try switching between 3 product groups! stomach recovered after lunch.. gotta lay off the ice cream..