Friday, March 31, 2006

View from Above

7:48 pm and I'm writing from a cubicle neighbour's place. Staff are using my PC to redo their assessment, I haven't even started on mine. I'm double booked this evening, have to meet my brother and also drinks with a customer. To add to that I'm exausted from the trip to Johor.

Yep, took an early flight for a contract nego in Johor. Then rushed back to the office to finish up work and the hellsent PPA. Haven't had dinner, but ate some leftover grapes in the meeting room from this afternoon's meeting.

I'm tired of a lot of things. Work is just one of it.

Cutback 24 hours ago, I was having drinks with buddies from work (which I hardly ever do really). Then we retired to a mamak and were joined by a few others - whom I'm meeting for the first time. There's Mr Moviemaker, the engineer and the expat-at-home - all from the company, or at least were ex company. We went to a bar later on and had red coloured drinks in a very smoky interior. The band was nothing to shout about, had a discussion if they were from a local or from a neighbouring country.

As the night wore on, the red liquids began to get drained. I began to get very fascinated with the way the lights created nice patterns on the ceiling fan, purple and green flowers. After a final round, they hopped to another place just down the road. I began to risk missing my flight the next day - so I hobbled home.

Cutback to today, made the flight. Nego was surprisingly easy. But work is still piled up. More than I thought. There were shipment problems and things to settle. But what the fuck..

Felt: Tired and Fed up
Seen: The News on TV3
Heard: Fly FM

No comments: